AIDS OUTREACH CENTER
DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development & Marketing Associate writes grants, manages the constituent/donor database and correspondence, assists with special events as needed, manages agency social media channels and creates dynamic email marketing campaigns. This person also serves as the Volunteer Coordinator and is responsible for managing the volunteer program.
- Prepare grant proposals for private foundations and corporations and manage solicitation calendar.
- Research new and potential funding sources.
- Manage constituent/donor database.
- Coordinate communications with existing donors through the production of mailings, acknowledgements, thank you letters and other correspondence.
- Code incoming revenue and upkeep of financial records.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and potential additional channels (Snapchat, Google+, Pinterest, Vine, etc.).
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content.
- Manage and build various email lists and campaigns, including the design templates, calls-to-action, and content used in your email sends.
- Works with contracted website developer to make sure website is current and working
- Coordinate recruitment, screening, training/orientation, placement, and record keeping for all AOC volunteers including monthly volunteer reports.
- Coordinate annual volunteer recognition event.
- Actively participate in agency-related events as needed and/or directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with two years related experience in grant writing, fund raising, marketing or comparable work; working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and basic database entry skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with all aspects of the community; an enthusiastic team player with the ability to work under deadlines and time constraints; excellent organizational skills; valid Texas license and proven driving record. Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite and knowledge/understanding of HIV/AIDS and its impact on the community.
Salaried exempt; full-time; full benefits; generous vacation policy; some evenings/weekends required; some local travel.
AIDS Outreach Center is an equal opportunity employer.