Are you good at multi-tasking? If you’re called a people pleaser, do you take it as a compliment? Do you love working in a group, but know you can get the job done by yourself if you have to? When you identify problems, can you offer solutions? Are you seeking a place to work that makes you look forward to getting up in the morning?
As a Development Associate at AIDS Outreach Center, you will actively engage in every aspect of fundraising, marketing, and volunteer coordination that working for a non-profit entails. From donor database management of 8,000+ constituents to planning $300,000 fundraising events to overseeing 200+ volunteers, you will practice all the skills needed to advance in an amazing development career. You will spend about 10% of your time managing a donor database, 10% designing and coordinating online and offline communications such as thank you correspondence, 10% soliciting private foundation grants, 30% coordinating fundraising events, 30% training, placing, and overseeing volunteers, and 10% assisting with other tasks as needed. You will work some evenings and weekends, but you’ll never have to work more than 40 hours in a week.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
· Competitive salary and full benefits
· Generous vacation policy
· Flexible work hours
· Support as you develop your skills
· An unmatched workplace community
WHAT YOU CAN BRING TO US:
· One bachelor’s degree
· Two years’ experience in fundraising, marketing, event planning, and/or comparable work
· Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and database entry
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interact with all facets of the community
· A level head when working in time constraints
· Valid driver’s license and proven driving record
CAN YOU ALSO BRING?
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience with Bloomerang donor database system
· Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS in our community
It’s fine if you can’t bring those skills, but we would be ecstatic if you could! You will be part of a very small team with some very big goals and every tool you already have in your tool belt is a plus. AIDS Outreach Center is growing and needs a Development Associate who will ambitiously endeavor to facilitate that growth. If you choose AIDS Outreach Center, and we choose you, you will find a workplace that is fun, challenging, and full of passionate people. If interested, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you.
AIDS Outreach Center is an equal opportunity employer.